May 13, 2012

Vintage Fashion in Doll Clothes

I lean toward three periods of time when it comes to costumes or doll clothes:  the forties, fifties and late sixties (early seventies). Since I began sewing in the late fifties, and I made all my clothes in high school, I am well-acquainted with clothing styles from my school years. This blog will eventually show my love for "hippie" clothes. As Susan St. James once remarked in Kate and Allie, "My husband wanted to live like a gypsy; I just wanted to dress like one." Her comment sums up my love for that period of time.

But my favorite fashion is clothing from the forties. I particularly love dresses that are cut on the bias. I am curious to see if this book I just ordered, called Blueprint for Fashion: Home Sewing Patterns of the 1940s, will address the bias cut, and how it came about:



Please note: I only provide links to books that are special to me. The Amazon Associates program provides HTML code for the links that I need. You will not find me selling coffee makers and fertilizer on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

~Thanks for your comment~