January 27, 2013

Mixing Prints with Simplicity 2458

I love mixing prints--or in this case mixing a pinstripe and a print. This Simplicity design 2458 isn't something I'd normally use. But I think it's cute:


I have not been satisfied with the fit of most patterns recently, but this one is a gem. The top has elastic inserted in the back near the waist which creates a better fit.


I learned much about ribbon while doing this little exercise. From now on I'll work exclusively with silk or rayon whenever possible. Polyester can be stiff, and it doesn't drape the way I'd like it.

I changed my photography set-up, and that was a bad idea. A few unwanted shadows in these photos, but if I wait for perfection, I'll stand still.

One of the purposes of this blog is to show my setbacks as a doll clothes maker and designer. There is more to learn than I had anticipated but this process has given me the opportunity to see what other doll clothes and patterns are available and what other doll clothes lovers are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

~Thanks for your comment~